Print and Mail Outsourcing: Lower Risk, Greater Savings
The reality is that companies in nearly every industry have endured deep and often painful cuts. So the question isn’t if you’ll be slashing expenses, but rather which ones and by how much. One proven but often overlooked option is outsourcing the processing and mailing of your financial documents and customer correspondence.
We give you full control of inventory, postage, reporting every step of the way. We offer print and mail services for businesses in a wide variety of verticals including insurance, credit unions, banking, auto finance, utilities, and more.
Don’t just hand of production and delivery of statements, bills, invoices, letters and other documents to just anyone. Work with an experienced SSAE audited and HIPAA certified print vendor like FSSI. Trust in a secure printing and mailing company like FSSI. Outsourcing helps you better more effectively communicate with your customers but is also a sound and proven business strategy that enables your company to:
- Minimize capital investments
- Avoid long-term lease commitments
- Reduce paper, postage and production costs
- Improve and stabilize cash flow
- Generate reports to satisfy compliance auditors
- Reduce the risk of a costly data breach
Where You Benefit Most From Document Outsourcing
Outsourcing print and mail services is a prudent and practical strategy that helps you reduce risk and avoid costs in a number of key business areas:
- Equipment Purchases: In the printing and mailing of documents, imaging and inserting equipment is a major investment that comes with a large annual maintenance expense. FSSI’s strategy of utilizing industry-best equipment allows you to take advantage of new and emerging technologies with no capital investment of your own.
- Payroll: Cost-reduction initiatives typically start with reducing the headcount. Printing and mailing services are labor-intensive. When you partner with FSSI, we manage all payroll and labor concerns.
- Overtime Expenses: Any overtime costs, and any production or scheduling crunches become the outsourcer’s problem. Many transactional printing companies run two or three shifts only during peak times. At FSSI, we operate around the clock, all day, every day.
- Inventory Management: Inventory storage and management adds to your overhead. Free up floor space for your core business functions. FSSI allows you to maintain control of your inventory online, or via your mobile device in real-time through workStreamOne™.
- Energy Costs: Printing and mailing equipment is energy-intensive, and so are the backup systems needed to operate them prudently. As an environmentally conscious company committed to sustainability, FSSI utilizes numerous power-saving technologies in the delivery of its outsourced print and mail services.
- Consumables: The management of supplies such as inks, oils and toners reverts to the outsourcer. Managing materials and logistics are no longer managed in-house.
- Postage: Though total production costs vary by job, FSSI helps clients maximize savings through multiple levels of presort automation. Outsourcing print and mail production to FSSI can help you leverage multiple levels of presort automation. We analyze your mail to help optimize your postage rates, and if appropriate, may propose a solution that includes duplex printing and envelope sizing.
- Risk Avoidance: Outsourcing shifts the liability for compliance-driven SLAs (service level agreements) to your print-mail outsourcing partner. Business continuity, Disaster Recovery and backup planning related to printing and mailing are also shifted to the outsourcer.
- Data Processing & eStatements: Eliminate the risk and heavy financial investment of deploying or upgrading your in-house Internet presentment or online bill pay solution. FSSI offers tremendous flexibility and customization for any electronic delivery option you choose.
- Production Reporting: Companies with internal departments often depend on manual reporting by employees. FSSI provides a suite of sophisticated online management reporting tools that are available online, 24/7. Real-time reporting gives you information about your job status, as well as the in-depth data often required by managers and accounting staff.
- Data Security and Privacy: Complying with new regulations can require significant infrastructure upgrades. For many companies, adding new security technologies is a costly and proposition.With FSSI as your outsourced print-mail services partner, you’re assured of the highest levels of data security and compliance. We regularly satisfy our clients’ most rigorous security requirements, including the exhaustive independent SSAE-18 Type 2 audit. Read more about our Security Practices or Secure Production Environment.
Transparency and Compliance Made Easy
Through new and innovative tracking tools, FSSI clients who use our audit service can verify delivery of time-sensitive mailpieces throughout the postal journey. This reporting tool works with delivery by the Postal Service and other common carriers. It’s one more weapon in your arsenal. One less worry for the compliance team. Learn more now.
Advantages of Outsourcing
Let us handle both your transactional documents and direct mail and marketing letters. We can help you:
- Reduce document production and delivery costs
- Receive maximum postal discounts
- Create more compelling documents
- Market and cross-sell with greater impact
- Comply with government regulations