Outsourced Print and Mail Services: Lower Risk, Greater Savings
The reality is that businesses in nearly every industry have endured deep and often painful cuts. So the question isn’t if you’ll be slashing expenses, but rather which ones and by how much. One proven, but often overlooked option, is outsourced print and mail services. Are you getting the most value out of your transactional documents? Let us show you some of the advantages of working with a print-mail outsourcing company.
We offer print and mail services and document management software for businesses for a wide variety of industries including insurance, credit unions, banking, auto finance, utilities and more.
Learn the benefits of document outsourcing as well as the differences between in-house printing vs. outsourcing.
- Minimize capital investments
- Avoid long-term lease commitments
- Reduce paper, postage and production costs
- Improve and stabilize cash flow
- Generate reports to satisfy compliance auditors
- Reduce the risk of a costly data breach
Benefits of Print Outsourcing and Mail Management
Outsourcing your physical transactional letter printing and mailing or taking advantage of our integrated multi-channel electronic document management services is a prudent and practical strategy that helps you reduce risk, improve the quality and value of your transactional and marketing documents. This also helps your company avoid costs in a number of key business areas:
- Equipment Purchases: In the printing and mailing of documents, imaging and inserting equipment is a major investment that comes with a large annual maintenance expense. FSSI’s strategy of utilizing industry-best equipment allows you to take advantage of new and emerging technologies with no capital investment of your own.
- Payroll: Cost-reduction initiatives typically start with reducing the headcount. Printing and mailing services are labor intensive. When you outsource print and mail services to FSSI, we manage all payroll and labor concerns.
- Overtime Expenses: When print and mail services are outsourced, there won’t be any overtime costs, and any production or scheduling crunches become the outsourcer’s problem. Many print-mail providers run two or three shifts only during peak times. At FSSI, we operate around the clock, all day, every day.
- Inventory Management: Inventory storage and management adds to your overhead. Outsourced print and mail frees up floor space for your core business functions. FSSI allows you to maintain control of your inventory online, or via your mobile device in real-time through our online workflow management tool workStreamOne™.
- Energy Costs: Printing and mailing equipment is energy intensive, and so are the backup systems needed to operate them effectively. As a sustainable printing company, FSSI utilizes numerous power-saving technologies in the delivery of its outsourced print and mail services.
- Print and Mail Consumables: The management of supplies such as inks, oils and toners is handled by the business process outsourcing company. With FSSI’s managed print services, your costs no longer vary based on these consumables.
- Postage: Though total production costs vary by job, FSSI helps clients maximize savings through multiple levels of presort automation. When you outsource print and mail production with us, it can help you leverage multiple levels of presort automation. We analyze your mail to ensure the lowest postage rates available, and if appropriate, may propose a solution that includes duplex printing and envelope sizing.
- Risk Avoidance: Working with a print outsourcing company shifts the liability for compliance-driven SLAs (service level agreements) to your print management partner. Business continuity and backup planning related to document production and mailing are also shifted to the outsourcing company.
- Internet Services: Eliminate the risk and heavy financial investment of deploying or upgrading your in-house electronic presentment or mobile bill pay solution. FSSI offers tremendous flexibility and customization for any electronic delivery option you choose.
- Production Reporting: Companies with internal departments often depend on manual reporting by employees. FSSI provides a suite of sophisticated online print workflow management and reporting tools that are available online, 24/7. Real-time reporting gives you information about your job status, as well as the in-depth data often required by managers and accounting staff.
- Data Security: Complying with new regulations can require significant infrastructure upgrades. For many companies, adding new security technologies is a costly proposition. With FSSI as your statement processing provider, you’re assured of the highest levels of data security and compliance. We regularly satisfy our clients’ most rigorous security requirements, including the exhaustive independent SSAE-18 Type 2 audit. Read more about Security Practices or Secure Printing Solutions.
Built-In Compliance Workflow Reporting Tool
Through new and innovative print workflow and job tracking tools, FSSI clients who use our audit service can verify delivery of time-sensitive mailpieces throughout the postal journey. Our workflow automation and document management tools work with delivery by the Postal Service and other common carriers. It’s one more weapon in your arsenal. One less worry for the compliance team. Learn more now.
Benefits of Managed Print Services
Prudent and practical, print management and invoice mailing services from FSSI help you:
- Reduce statement processing and delivery costs
- Receive maximum postal discounts
- Create more compelling documents
- Market and cross-sell with greater impact
- Comply with government regulations