Benefits of Print Outsourcing: Lower Risk, Greater Savings
Outsourcing print-mail goes beyond just cost savings, it offers more control over your production, messaging, efficiency and allows for greater marketing communications opportunities. Document Outsourcing, sometimes called business process outsourcing, is the turning over of non-core business functions to a company with specialized expertise in that area. Payroll, bookkeeping and call center support are examples of today’s most commonly outsourced business processes.
Let us show you the benefits of outsourced print management and mailing and learn about the difference between outsourced printing vs. in-house printing.
Outsourcing print and mail services mean handing off the production and delivery of statements, bills, invoices, letters and other customer documents to an outsourced print and mail provider like FSSI. There are many benefits of outsourcing printing and mailing including:
- Minimize capital investments
- Avoid long-term lease commitments
- Reduce paper, postage and production costs
- Improve and stabilize cash flow
- Generate reports to satisfy compliance auditors
- Reduce the risk of a costly data breach
Where You Benefit Most From Print Management Services
Outsourcing your customer communications is a proven strategy that helps you reduce risk and avoid costs in a number of key business areas:
- Equipment Purchases: In the printing and mailing of documents, imaging and inserting equipment is a major investment that comes with a large annual maintenance expense. FSSI’s strategy of utilizing industry-best equipment allows you to take advantage of new and emerging technologies with no capital investment of your own.
- Payroll: Cost-reduction initiatives typically start with reducing the headcount. Printing and mailing services are labor intensive. When you outsource print and mail services to FSSI, we manage all payroll and labor concerns.
- Overtime Expenses: When print and mail services are outsourced, there won’t be any overtime costs, and any production or scheduling crunches become the document outsourcing company’s problem. Many managed print services outsourcers run two or three shifts only during peak times. At FSSI, we operate around the clock, all day, every day.
- Inventory Management: Inventory storage and management add to your overhead. Outsourcing with a Print Management company like to FSSI helps to free up floor space for your core business functions. FSSI allows you to maintain control of your inventory online, or via your mobile device in real-time through workStreamOne™.
- Energy Costs: Printing and mailing equipment is energy intensive, and so are the backup systems needed to operate them prudently. As an environmentally conscious company committed to sustainability, FSSI utilizes numerous power-saving technologies in the delivery of its outsourced managed print services.
- Print and Mail Consumables: The management of supplies such as inks, oils and toners revert to the outsourcer. When you outsource customer document production to FSSI, your costs no longer vary based on these consumables.
- Postage: Though total production costs vary by job, FSSI helps clients maximize savings through multiple levels of presort automation. Outsourcing print production to FSSI can help you leverage multiple levels of presort automation. We analyze your mail to ensure the lowest postage rates available, and if appropriate, may propose a solution that includes duplex printing and envelope sizing.
- Risk Avoidance: Outsourcing MPS services with FSSI shifts the liability for compliance-driven SLAs (service level agreements) to your outsourcing provider. Business continuity and backup planning related to printing and mailing are also shifted to the outsourcer.
- Internet Services: Eliminate the risk and heavy financial investment of deploying or upgrading your in-house Internet presentment or online bill pay solution. FSSI offers tremendous flexibility and customization for any electronic delivery option you choose.
- Production Reporting: Companies with internal departments often depend on manual reporting by employees. FSSI provides a suite of sophisticated online management reporting tools that are available online, 24/7. Real-time reporting gives you information about your job status, as well as the in-depth data often required by managers and accounting staff.
- Data Security: Complying with new regulations can require significant infrastructure upgrades. For many companies, adding new security technologies is a costly and proposition. With FSSI as your outsourced print-mail services partner, you’re assured of the highest levels of data security and compliance. We regularly satisfy our clients’ most rigorous security requirements, including the exhaustive independent SSAE-18 Type 2 audit. Read more about our Security Practices or Secure Production Environment.
Secure Compliance Reporting Tool
Through new and innovative tracking tools, FSSI clients who use our audit service can verify delivery of time-sensitive mailpieces throughout the postal journey. This print management reporting tool works with delivery by the Postal Service and other common carriers. It’s one more weapon in your arsenal. One less worry for the compliance team. Learn more now.
Benefits of Document Outsourcing
Prudent and practical, outsourced print and mail services from FSSI help you:
- Reduce document production and delivery costs
- Receive maximum postal discounts
- Create more compelling documents
- Market and cross-sell with greater impact
- Comply with government regulations