Print and Mail Outsourcing: Lower Risk, Greater Savings
The reality is that businesses in nearly every industry have endured deep and often painful cuts. So the question isn’t if you’ll be slashing expenses, but rather which ones and by how much. One proven but often overlooked option is outsourced print and mail services. Let us show you the benefits of document outsourcing services and learn about the differences between print outsourcing services vs. in-house printing.
Document Outsourcing, sometimes called business process outsourcing, is the turning over of non-core business functions to a company with specialized expertise in that area. Payroll, bookkeeping and call center support are examples of today’s most commonly outsourced print management services. Outsourcing print and mail services mean handing off the production and delivery of statements, bills, letters and other customer documents to an outsourced print and mail provider like FSSI. Outsourcing print and mail is a sound and proven business outsourcing strategy that enables your company to:
- Minimize capital investments
- Avoid long-term lease commitments
- Reduce paper, postage and production costs
- Improve and stabilize cash flow
- Generate reports to satisfy compliance auditors
- Reduce the risk of a costly data breach
Benefits of Outsourcing Print and Mail Production
Outsourcing your customer communications is a prudent and practical strategy that helps you reduce risk, improve the quality and value of your transactional and marketing documents and avoid costs in a number of key business areas:
- Equipment Purchases: In the printing and mailing of documents, imaging and inserting equipment is a major investment that comes with a large annual maintenance expense. FSSI’s strategy of utilizing industry-best equipment allows you to take advantage of new and emerging technologies with no capital investment of your own.
- Payroll: Cost-reduction initiatives typically start with reducing the headcount. Printing and mailing services are labor-intensive. When you outsource print and mail services to FSSI, we manage all payroll and labor concerns.
- Overtime Expenses: When print and mail services are outsourced, there won’t be any overtime costs, and any production or scheduling crunches become the outsourcer’s problem. Many print-mail providers run two or three shifts only during peak times. At FSSI, we operate around the clock, all day, every day.
- Inventory Management: Inventory storage and management add to your overhead. Outsourcing print and mail to FSSI frees up floor space for your core business functions. FSSI allows you to maintain control of your inventory online, or via your mobile device in real-time through workStreamOne™.
- Energy Costs: Printing and mailing equipment is energy-intensive, and so are the backup systems needed to operate them effectively. As an environmentally friendly company committed to sustainability, FSSI utilizes numerous power-saving technologies in the delivery of its outsourced print and mail services.
- Print and Mail Consumables: The management of supplies such as inks, oils, and toners is handled by the business process outsourcing company. With FSSI’s managed print services, your costs no longer vary based on these consumables.
- Postage: Though total production costs vary by job, FSSI helps clients maximize savings through multiple levels of presort automation. When you outsource print and mail production with us, it can help you leverage multiple levels of presort automation. We analyze your mail to ensure the lowest postage rates available, and if appropriate, may propose a solution that includes duplex printing and envelope sizing.
- Risk Avoidance: Working with a print outsourcing company shifts the liability for compliance-driven SLAs (service level agreements) to your print management partner. Business continuity and backup planning related to document production and mailing are also shifted to the outsourcing company.
- Internet Services: Eliminate the risk and heavy financial investment of deploying or upgrading your in-house electronic presentment or mobile bill pay solution. FSSI offers tremendous flexibility and customization for any electronic delivery option you choose.
- Production Reporting: Companies with internal departments often depend on manual reporting by employees. FSSI provides a suite of sophisticated online print workflow management and reporting tools that are available online, 24/7. Real-time reporting gives you information about your job status, as well as the in-depth data often required by managers and accounting staff.
- Data Security: Complying with new regulations can require significant infrastructure upgrades. For many companies, adding new security technologies is a costly and proposition. With FSSI as your process management provider, you’re assured of the highest levels of data security and compliance. We regularly satisfy our clients’ most rigorous security requirements, including the exhaustive independent SSAE-18 Type 2 audit. Read more about our Security Practices or Secure Production Environment.
Built-In Compliance Reporting Tool
Through new and innovative audit-ready document tracking tools, FSSI clients who use our audit service can verify delivery of time-sensitive mailpieces throughout the postal journey. Our workflow and document management reporting tools work with delivery by the Postal Service and other common carriers. It’s one more weapon in your arsenal. One less worry for the compliance team. Learn more now.
Benefits of Outsourcing Print and Mail
Prudent and practical, print management and mailing services from FSSI help you:
- Reduce document production and delivery costs
- Receive maximum postal discounts
- Create more compelling documents
- Market and cross-sell with greater impact
- Comply with government regulations