Print Management Outsourcing: Lower Risk, Greater Savings
The reality is that businesses in nearly every industry have endured deep and often painful cuts. So the question isn’t if you’ll be slashing expenses, but rather which ones and by how much. One proven but often overlooked option is outsourced print and mail services.
We offer print and mail services and document management software for businesses for a wide variety of industries including insurance, credit unions, banking, auto finance, utilities, and more.
Let us show you the benefits of document outsourcing services and learn about the differences between print outsourcing vs. in-house printing.
- Minimize capital investments
- Avoid long-term lease commitments
- Reduce paper, postage and production costs
- Improve and stabilize cash flow
- Generate reports to satisfy compliance auditors
- Reduce the risk of a costly data breach
Benefits of Print Outsourcing and Mail Management
Outsourcing your physical transactional letter printing and mailing or taking advantage of our integrated multi-channel electronic document management services is a practical strategy that helps you reduce risk, improve the quality and value of your transactional and marketing documents. This also helps your company avoid costs in a number of key business areas:
- Equipment Purchases: Print, mail, imaging, and inserting equipment is a major investment. FSSI’s strategy of utilizing industry-best equipment allows you to take advantage of new and emerging technologies with no capital investment of your own.
- Payroll: Cost-reduction initiatives typically start with reducing the headcount. Printing and mailing services are labor intensive. When you outsource print and mail services to FSSI, we manage all payroll and labor concerns.
- Overtime Expenses: When print and mail services are outsourced, there are no overtime costs involved. Any production or scheduling crunches become the outsourcer’s problem. Many print and mail services outsourcers run two or three shifts only during peak times. At FSSI, we operate around the clock, all day, every day.
- Inventory Management: Inventory storage and management add to your overhead. Outsourcing print and mail services to FSSI free up floor space for your core business functions. FSSI allows you to maintain control of your inventory online, or via your mobile device in real-time through workStreamOne™.
- Energy Costs: Printing and mailing equipment and backup systems are energy intensive. As a sustainable printing company committed to sustainability, FSSI utilizes numerous power-saving technologies in the delivery of its outsourced print and mail services.
- Print and Mail Consumables: The management of supplies such as inks, oils and toners is handled by the business process outsourcing company. With FSSI’s managed print services, your costs no longer vary based on these consumables.
Postage Optimization, Compliance and Workflow Benefits
- Postage Savings: Though total production costs vary by job, FSSI helps clients maximize savings through multiple levels of presort automation. Outsourcing print and mail production to FSSI can help you leverage multiple levels of presort automation. We analyze your mail to ensure the lowest postage rates available, and if appropriate, may propose a solution that includes duplex printing and envelope sizing.
- Risk Avoidance: Outsourcing print and mail services shift the liability for compliance-driven SLAs (service level agreements) to your print-mail outsourcing partner. As a result, business continuity and backup planning related to printing and mailing are also shifted to the outsourcer.
- Internet Services: Eliminate the risk and heavy financial investment of deploying or upgrading your in-house Internet presentment or online bill pay solution. FSSI offers tremendous flexibility and customization for any electronic delivery option you choose.
- Production Reporting: Companies with internal departments often depend on manual reporting by employees. FSSI provides a suite of sophisticated online management reporting tools that are available online, 24/7. Real-time reporting gives you information about your job status, as well as the in-depth data often required by managers and accounting staff.
- Data Security: Complying with new regulations can require significant infrastructure upgrades. For many companies, adding new security technologies is a costly and proposition. With FSSI as your outsourced print-mail services partner, you’re assured of the highest levels of data security and compliance. We regularly satisfy our clients’ most rigorous security requirements, including the exhaustive independent SSAE-18 Type 2 audit. Read more about our Security Practices or Secure Printing Solution.
Compliance Management and Reporting Tool
Through new and innovative print workflow and job tracking tools, FSSI clients who use our audit service can verify delivery of time-sensitive mailpieces throughout the postal journey. Our workflow automation and document management tools work with delivery by the Postal Service and other common carriers. It’s one more weapon in your arsenal. One less worry for the compliance team. Learn more now.
Check out our blog post, In-House Printing Vs. Print Outsourcing to learn more about the advantages of outsourcing printing and mailing.
Benefits of Document Outsourcing and Managed Print Services
Prudent and practical, outsourced statement print and mail services from FSSI help you:
- Reduce document production and delivery costs
- Receive maximum postal discounts
- Create more compelling documents
- Market and cross-sell with greater impact
- Comply with government regulations