Is your return mail piling up? Are you dedicating valuable resources to continually go through stacks of mailpieces? There’s a better way to handle your undeliverable as addressed mail. The good news is that your mounting returned mail can become a thing of the past and you can eliminate additional postage fees while maintaining USPS Move Update compliance. Simply choose a return mail solution that addresses all undeliverable mail.
What is Return Mail?
Returned mail consists of mailpieces that are undeliverable as addressed. The mail is usually returned because of outdated, inaccurate or insufficient address data. This can adversely affect businesses that deliver a high volume of mail, such as those in the financial services, insurance, healthcare and utility industries. By utilizing returned mail management and making the necessary changes to your address databases, you can ensure more mail reaches the hands of its intended recipients and cuts operational expenses while strengthening customer relationships.
Why is Mail Returned to Sender?
- The mailpiece is missing address details or the address is in the wrong format
- The recipient no longer lives at the address
- The address of the recipient has changed but hasn’t been updated in your database
- Insufficient postage
Returned Mail Solutions
With eReturn Mail™, a Return Mail solution from FSSI, you can electronically manage all undeliverable-as-addressed mail and update your customer address database. As a result, you’ll get rid of the trays of undeliverable mail taking up space in your mailroom. Eliminate or drastically reduce all of your undeliverable mail and say goodbye to staff having to manually enter it all into your system.
eReturn Mail Video Overview
With an innovative return mail solution like eReturn Mail, you can immediately change the way you manage your customer address database and greatly reduce the amount of physical UAA mail your company receives.
Keep Your Customer Address Database Up-to-Date and Reduce Physical Returned Mail
eReturn Mail is an electronic solution that provides a digital file of all “Change of Address” (COA) and “Undeliverable as Addressed” (UAA) information for physically-returned mailpieces, covering all scenarios of returned mail, and decreasing occurrences of nixies in the process.
Here’s How eReturn Mail Works:
- Using a proprietary program, FSSI matches USPS data with our database so there is no manual processing on your side
- Through FSSI’s Unique Piece Tracking (UPT), we provide you with data on all mail that was returned in a convenient electronic file
- We format the data so you can quickly and easily manage customer addresses and make real-time updates
- When database updates are not feasible without consent, you can quickly identify and contact customers to get updated information
- Satisfies Move Update compliance by streamlining the review process and address cleansing practices to help keep your customer data up-to-date
- With Secure Destruction, you can instruct the USPS to destroy all UAA mail and forward all COA mail to your customers
- Physically-returned mail stacking up in a company’s mailroom can be eliminated or significantly reduced
Save Time and Money and Re-Capture Lost Business Opportunities
Our return mail services enable you to save time and money spent on managing and processing UAA mail and help keep your communications moving forward as planned. Re-capture lost financial and business opportunities and reap the benefits of not having to manage as many returned pieces of mail. With fewer missed bills and notices, and more positive customer experiences, it can be a reality.
The Operational Benefits of eReturn Mail:
- Effectively manage all undeliverable mail: Receive both COA and UAA information for physically-returned mail pieces. Utilize the data to electronically manage all undeliverable mail.
- Easily update customer address database: Make real-time revisions to your customer address database based on information in the electronic data file, which is formatted for quick and easy updates. Address cleansing can be a great way to save money on wasted postage costs.
- Automate outreach for consent: When the database cannot be updated without permission, easily identify customers as UAA or COA. We will set up a process to send a letter to get consent for any database modifications.
- Stop sending to undeliverable addresses: Reduce unnecessary costs for mail that you know can’t be delivered. Enlist the customer service team to follow up and get the correct recipient information.
The Cost Benefits of eReturn Mail:
- Eliminate postage assessments: If COA-specific mail exceeds 0.5% in one month, additional postage assessments will be incurred. (Here are other tips to reduce postage costs.)
- Decrease internal business costs: Eliminate the time and labor costs associated with managing and processing large quantities of returned mail and the extra postage fees assessed on nixies.
- Stay USPS Move Update compliant: Conform with USPS Move Update when COA information is used to update the customer database. We can also get the consent needed to make updates, within the 95-day time requirement. Eliminate or reduce additional Move Update fees and penalties.
- Reduce or eliminate physical handling of mail: With USPS Secure Destruction, instruct the USPS to destroy UAA mail and forward COA mail to customers.
- Re-capture lost financial opportunities: Eliminate missed bills or notices, which can affect revenue and overall customer experience. Keep communications moving as planned.
Why Choose FSSI’s eReturn Mail?
Problem: NCOA doesn’t capture all undeliverable-as-addressed mail, only changes of address that were registered with the USPS. Even if you are able to update your customer database based on NCOA information, you’ll still receive all other “Undeliverable as Addressed” mailpieces. If COA-specific mail exceeds 0.5% in one month, additional postage assessments will be incurred. Additionally, customer addresses need to be updated with any changes within 95 days of the mail date to be Move Update compliant.
Solution: Our address cleansing services cover ALL undeliverable mail. With the electronic information from FSSI, you can update your customer address database electronically and in real-time. Correspondence can also be coordinated to get consent to make updates. We handle all return mail data digitally, with the capabilities to manage any scenario. Secure destruction also eliminates physical returned mail and having to manage/process nixies.
Be 100% on Top of Your Undeliverable-As-Addressed Mail
Choose the solution that covers all of your return mail and enables you to electronically manage it with ease – from handling address management and address cleansing to updating your customer address database. With eReturn Mail, keeping up with physically-returned USPS mail will never be an issue again. Take the steps today to eliminate heaps of UAA and COA mail and effectively manage it all like a pro.
Let Us Help You Manage Your Returned Mail
Returned mail and address database cleansing are costly and problematic issues for many businesses. If you are looking to reduce the cost and volume of undeliverable mail and make sure more documents reach the hands of your customers (instead of returning to your mailroom), we can help.
Contact us online or call us at (714) 436-3300 to schedule a no-obligation consultation. This innovative solution will immediately change the way you manage and update your customer address database and handle returned mailpieces – for maximum efficiency and accuracy.