FSSI offers healthcare printing and mailing services to help you securely communicate with patients and health insurance policyholders.
With over 40 years of HIPAA-compliant document processing and mailing expertise, we’re a trusted patient statement vendor whose solutions can reduce production costs, stimulate collections, and comply with emerging regulations.
Choose a secure print and mail solution to help your hospital, clinic, medical practice, health insurance, or government agency accelerate the revenue cycle and reduce the cost of sending sensitive patient statements and other healthcare documents containing PHI.
HIPAA Compliant Print and Mail Services
Today, healthcare providers and health insurance companies are under tremendous pressure to do more with less – especially when it comes to patient communications.
The medical industry faces initiatives to cut per-capita costs while at the same time improving the quality of care and patient billing experience. To help address some of these challenges, healthcare providers and health insurance agencies are outsourcing the production of their sensitive patient documents.
At FSSI, we welcome your healthcare-related document outsourcing needs. We offer end-to-end print and mail solutions, starting from the raw data all the way to electronic delivery if required – all backed by HIPAA compliant privacy and data security practices.
Trusted Health Insurance Document Mailing Solutions
Our print and mail team specializes in handling healthcare mailing projects to meet the strict guidelines of HIPAA. The confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) is protected in every step of the production process including data processing, printing, mailing, and delivery.
Learn more about the Benefits of working with a HIPAA Compliant Print Vendor.
Types of Healthcare Documents We Process and Deliver
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Explanation of Coverage (EOC)
- Collection letters
- Late payment notices
- Referral approvals and denials
- Patient billing statements
- Patient information update letters and notices
- Hospital and lab invoices
- Appointment reminders
- Medical statement inserts
- Patient or physician mailers
Complete Healthcare Printing and Mailing Services
FSSI offers more than just healthcare printing and mailing services – we offer a complete HIPAA compliant patient communications platform. Our solutions include patient statement printing, insurance document mailing, data processing, document management and even direct mail marketing. Avoid costly HIPAA violations or being negatively affected by a data breach.
Work with a HIPAA-compliant statement print vendor that has a long-standing history of protecting the PHI of our client’s customers.
What makes us different from other print outsourcing vendors in the healthcare industry is that we offer in-house graphic design and development, full electronic presentment, including mobile, email and SMS, and a variety of personalized integrated marketing features – offering a fully-customized healthcare communications solution.
FSSI’s outsourcing services include:
- Patient statement printing and mailing – Includes processing, custom document design and formatting and accurate production output from our HIPAA-certified facility.
- Letter template management – Enables healthcare teams to create and update time-sensitive patient documents in MS-Word®, and link to FSSI’s digital printing-and-fulfillment center for high-quality production. Experience 100% data-to-delivery, with complete hierarchical control over approvals, revisions and version tracking. Ideal for creating collections letters that stimulate remittance and enhance your revenue cycle.
- Workflow tracking and reporting – Lets your teams approve files, view real-time job status and monitor inventory/postage levels 24/7; export trend analysis and reports for data mining or analysis.
- Secure compliance – Provides a record of healthcare billing production and delivery while reporting the disposition and location of every mailpiece produced by FSSI – all backed by industry-leading data security, privacy and fail-safe disaster recovery.
- Electronic bill presentment and payment – Offers an impressive choice of format and remittance options, including: PDF presentment with optional HTML summary; highly personalized messages and dynamic graphics; from their electronic bill, patients may choose to pay online, with a credit card, debit card, or ACH.
Ironclad HIPAA Compliant Data Security and Privacy
At FSSI, data security and privacy as well as business continuity and disaster recovery are at the core of what we do. We pass annual SOC 2 audits and are HIPAA compliant in both our Santa Ana and Coppell Texas print and mail facilities. Some of our security practices include:
- Building security: Includes key cards, door alarms, security cameras, and gated entryways
- User/Server Level Security: All data files are secured by user permissions that are enforced by centralized domain policies.
- Secure Data Standards: FSSI utilizes secure transmission protocols (SFTP) and PGP encryption for files at rest, along with an additional firewall network Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) – in addition to a multi-tiered architecture that separates the web layer from the data layer for added security.
- Secure Data Archival Options: Several web-based storage and archival options are available. Access to client input is limited to authorized personnel.
- Document Security: Documents containing personalized or sensitive customer data are deleted or shredded using FSSI’s commercial shredder or stored in a secure location if they are needed for a longer period.
- Employee Training: Keeping staff well versed and vigilant in data security best practices is a priority at FSSI, from properly handling emails to staying safe online. Regular training via KnowBe4® encompasses relevant security awareness and online cybersecurity topics.
Healthcare Direct Mail
Direct mail is still a very effective marketing channel for healthcare marketers. Many are turning to technology to help them take advantage of sending traditional direct mailers but also leveraging the power of digital marketing automation.
Direct mail was the original data-driven marketing channel. That is even more true today. Healthcare marketers are looking for better ways to reach their audiences while retaining the targeting, mailing list optimization, testing and other campaign analytics that are usually only seen in digital marketing channels.
We have over 40 years of experience in handling sensitive healthcare information. We apply that same data handling know-how to the direct mail industry. Whether you are sending out postcards, letters, or any other type of direct mailers, you can expect the same level of data security and privacy standards.
Healthcare Direct Mail Marketing Service Offerings:
- Appointment reminders
- Variable data printing
- Mailing lists
- Online retargeting and digital marketing automation
- Online dashboard for campaign tracking
We offer a data-driven, end-to-end multichannel direct marketing solution. Your HIPAA compliant direct mail campaign works in tandem with robust digital marketing for stellar results. It includes an automated process that is 100% done for you, with the right promotional activities in place to extend the reach of your healthcare marketing efforts – including full attribution in an online dashboard for visibility and tracking.
If you are looking to learn more about our advanced direct mail marketing campaigns, visit our Direct Mail and Marketing Services Division Splash.
Multichannel Patient Communications (Print, Email, SMS)
Reach patients across multiple channels, including print, email and mobile (SMS text messages). Both medical service and health insurance agencies can benefit from multichannel communications.
Text messages can be the quickest and most effective way to reach your patients – especially since its biggest benefit is having the highest engagement rate of any communication channel.
Staying compliant with text and email message regulations and maintaining patient confidentiality is important in any industry but is even more important for both care providers and health insurance companies. We are proud to be a HIPAA-compliant hospital printing provider and comply with the latest regulations for every SMS and email we send.
Healthcare Printing Consultation
Stay competitive in the ever-growing and evolving healthcare industry. Contact us online or call us at (714) 436-3300 today to speak with a healthcare printing specialist for a no-obligation consultation or review of your outgoing patient communications strategies.