Job Title: Web & Print Designer Department: Marketing Services
The Web & Print Designer, as a member of the Marketing Services Team, will be an integral part of our creative team working with development, clients, project coordinators, and account representatives. The primary role of the Designer is to design and develop HTML email templates and user-friendly interfaces for both client-facing portals and FSSI products. The Designer’s secondary role is backup to the Document Design and Color Specialist for print design and color management. The successful candidate will be forward-thinking, versatile, creative, collaborative, and have a keen eye for design and the user experience. He/she will contribute to the organization’s goal of enhancing and optimizing current and future interfaces with the latest technologies and best practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design concepts for client-facing portals and interfaces in Adobe Design products. This includes wireframes and graphical mockups.
- Help gather requirements and create specification documents for client-facing portals and interfaces.
- Collaborate with both marketing and development to create web strategies and user-friendly interfaces that optimize user experience for FSSI online products.
- Assist marketing and development in designing new products and enhancing/updating current products.
- Design and create eNotification and marketing-based email templates with variable field and content integration.
- Create and design statement and letter templates in MS Word.
- Utilize development best practices with regard to source code control and documentation of work.
- Be proactive in researching user interface development trend and best practices; document these findings and share with the team.
- Provide estimates, record daily tasks and hours, and provide task updates in internal project management system.
- Work with the IT Project Coordination team to understand project deliverables and timelines.
- Assist the Marketing Team with internal projects such as website updates (WordPress), technology integration, and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Act as a back up to the Document Design and Color Specialist for the following duties:
- Document design and edits to our clients’ financial statements, bills, invoices, letter correspondence and other documents.
- Print and device color management
- Pre-sale document mockups
- Follow FSSI policies and procedures as noted in the FSSI handbook and security policies
- Proficient in Adobe design programs including PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience in responsive design interfaces, cross-browser implementation, and email design.
- Not required but a plus, experience in IIS, ASP, .NET, WordPress, GIT, and bootstrap framework.
- Knowledge in color theory and color spaces. ie; sRGB, RGB, PMS, CMYK, LAB, etc.
- Marketing-minded with understanding of brand and design systems, composition, and color, with a keen eye for typography, photography, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and implement creative direction.
- Working knowledge or willingness to learn print production and various print devices such as digital inkjet.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and handle a range of projects simultaneously within a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to adapt and pick up new techniques and technology.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp or type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5pm.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s in web/print design, digital arts, marketing, or other relevant degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with clients in the Financial Services Industry a plus but not required.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.