Job Title: Project Coordinator Department: Development
Coordinate and prioritize multiple small to large scale projects for application developers and operations team. Effectively communicate requirements and scope to internal FSSI team members as well as participate in client discussions to create and implement delightful solutions for our clients. This position also includes discussing challenges with projects and identifying potential risks to meeting the project timelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with clients and account representatives to gather and document technical requirements and define scope of entire project
- Obtain estimates and build detailed timelines for projects
- Constantly review and adjust timeline with scope or priority changes via updates in the Work Front project management tools as well as traditional forms of communication
- Perform technical research for development and production issues
- Provide process improvement ideas based on observations and/or interactions with development and operations
- Work with department managers to ensure development setups are optimized and compliment an efficient production process
- Document customized application processes
- Learn the functionality of the Work Front project management tools
- Assists Management, Client Services and / or Accounting in promptly resolving questions or problems
- Learn how to use and navigate FSSI’s QSO, WSO, LSO, and MSO tools
- Follow FSSI policies and procedures as noted in the FSSI handbook and security policies
- Technically savvy and desire to learn new software and digital tools
- Quick learner and adaptable to change
- Must be goal and detail oriented
- Possesses excellent organizational skills to maintain a clean project queue and accurate project plans
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude that can thrive in a team environment
- Ability to lead a project team to achieve major milestones to completion
- Displays professional communication skills, including business writing prowess
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp or type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5pm.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.