Job Title: Production Manager Department: Mailing
This position is responsible for overseeing the daily production of the Mailing operations. This position would ensure the department produces quality output with a high degree of on time delivery.
- Oversee the shift supervisors for the Automated Mailing, Custom Inserting and Direct Mail departments ensuring all service level agreements are met with no quality errors.
- Work with Technical Services Manager to ensure all equipment is property maintained and running at peak efficiency.
- Assess both knowledge and skill of the employees, through observation, interviews with supervisors and performance metrics using this assessment to determine training or coaching needs.
- Work with department supervisors to provide daily, weekly, monthly and annual performance updates / reviews to team members.
- Assist in recruiting and ensure consistent training of new hires.
- Ensure accurate processing of all timesheets and payroll documentation.
- Work with Operations Analyst to provide accurate KPI’S and Executive reports.
- Work to instill a positive team oriented attitude with the associates.
- Reviews and updates all processes and procedure documentation and works with the Operations Manager to ensure associates are trained and signed off on all P&P’s.
- Accepts other additional relevant duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in fast turnaround lean manufacturing operations (Mailing operations a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent computer and project management skills
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as within a group setting.
This position is responsible for supervising production leadership teams including supervisors and leads.
This job operates on the production floor as well as an office environment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
TThis is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.