Job Title: Printer Technician Department: Technical Services Location: Santa Ana, CA
If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume and employment application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 714-436-3302.
FSSI is currently looking for a Printer Technician for the 2nd shift in our Santa Ana, CA location. The Printer Technician performs maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures on various electronic imaging-related devices according to factory troubleshooting and maintenance procedures. The equipment includes but is not limited to Xerox based DP-180’s, HLC’s, Docutech’s, Ink-Jet printers, as well as their related peripheral devices including in-line slitters, mergers, and buffer modules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair equipment to factory specifications using available pertinent technical documentation and schematics.
- Perform various adjustments to equipment as needed utilizing the appropriate documentation, and procedures Estimate time required to complete repairs to factory specifications.
- Troubleshoot all electronics problems to the component level using provided documentation and schematics.
- Comply with all applicable safety procedures for working on mechanical, and electronic devices including lock-out/tag out, and anti-static procedures.
- Detect malfunctions, hardware failures etc. and repair or replace the malfunctioning part or unit.
- Maintain time and repair records for all equipment serviced during shift.
- Effectively manage time, prioritize repairs, and complete all assigned tasks on a daily basis.
- Confer with supervisors to coordinate activities, and determine which machines should be repaired first based upon production needs.
- Work effectively with co-workers and management from all departments by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues with equipment, repairs or parts needed to complete a job.
- Work with the supervisor to ensure that he is aware of any parts or supplies needed to repair FSSI equipment to factory specifications.
- Attend training courses or activities for various systems and sub-systems as required.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Operate FSSI’s imaging equipment using the approved operator standards and procedures.
- Adhere to and accomplish all scheduled equipment maintenance given to you by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read schematics a must
- Must be able to perform basic to advanced math when required.
- Thorough understanding of the process of Xerography as well as understanding of Ink-Jet theory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Specifically, the ability to apply fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply common sense or logic to everyday occurrences and follow through accordingly.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or higher degree in electronic or mechanical engineering, as well as specialized electronic/electrical training, or equivalent work experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To view other available job opportunities, check out our careers page at www.fssi-ca.com/company/careers.
FSSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify participant.