Job Title: Print Operator Department: Digital Print Services Location: Santa Ana, CA
If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume and job application to: email@example.com or fax to 714-436-3302.
FSSI is currently looking for a Full-Time Print Operator on our 2nd Shift to join our team in Santa Ana, CA. The Print Operator on the Digital Print Services team follows all documented policies and procedures so that they may safely, accurately, and efficiently produce quality printed output using multiple types of digital printers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proficiently operates all equipment in the department.
- Assists Customer Service Representatives with customer problems or concerns with the printing of their jobs.
- Consistently follow and practice all policies, procedures and safety protocols
- Efficient operation of digital printing equipment
- Quality control of all printed output
- Accurate accountability for all printed output
- Accurate accountability of stock(s) used
- Clearly communicates all issues to Lead Operator, Assistant Manager or Manager
- Consistently communicates with Mail Services team to meet Service Level Agreements
- Works closely with Technical Services teams from FSSI and printer manufactures
- Technical – Experience operating or maintaining the following equipment is preferred: Xerox Docuprint, DocutechDigital Presses; Xerox iGen, Kodak Nexpress, HP Indigo, Konica Minolta; Inkjet printing; Xerox, Canon, Oce; Stralfors, Lasermax, Tecnau pre/post-print devices; Large format, continuous feed, roll printing, Software; Emtex, PIOM, Oce Prisma, Xerox FreeFlow, Kodak Creo
- Attention to Detail – Attention to detail is an absolute must for the accurate and quality printing of multiple jobs on multiple printers
- Organizational Skills – Print Operators are required to maintain an organized and clean workspace
- Teamwork – A team player mindset is essential for success in this position, as Print Operators work closely with each other, all other Operations teams and the Customer Service team
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Three or more years of experience in commercial digital print operations
- Fundamental to intermediate level of knowledge in digital printing and imaging.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective multi-tasking skills
- Effective computer skills with intermediate level knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess strong customer service philosophy and attitude
- Able to work effectively and independently
- Effectively works with all levels of employees
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, work at a fast pace, and produce accurate work.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Must effectively read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
- Must understand and have the capability of applying basic math skills.
- Effectively apply common sense or logic to everyday occurrences and follow through accordingly.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl while operating printers. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and focus adjustments. Keen eyes are needed to spot issues during the quality check of output. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Usage of a hand truck, carts and pallet jacks to push and pull materials. Hands and arms are used for loading and unloading of printers, as well as feeling and reaching to clear printer jams.
To view other available job opportunities, check out our careers page at www.fssi-ca.com/company/careers.
See us in action here – https://www.fssi-ca.com/see-us-in-action
FSSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify participant.