Job Title: Print Operator Department: Digital Print Services Location: Coppell, TX
If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume and job application to: email@example.com or fax to 714-436-3302.
FSSI is currently looking for a Full-Time Print Operator to join our team in Coppell, TX. The Digital Print Services Operator operated laser-printing equipment to produce quality output. This position is required to fill out all documentation needed and operates the equipment using predetermined production schedules and quality standards. Responsible for running various types of laser printers and assists in the training of equipment and work direction to lower level operators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates three or four laser printers under little or no supervision.
- Operates various types of laser printers and systems such as Xerox 4635, Xerox 4890 color printers, Xerox DocuPrint, Xerox DP 180, OCE3700, and EMTEX System.
- Proficiently operates all equipment in the department.
- Although not directly responsible for employee management, provides direction within the shift to prioritize and help assure quality standards are met.
- Full understanding of department operations and equipment, to work with little or no direction.
- Provides equipment and documentation training to lower level operators.
- Provides work direction to lower level operators.
- Assists Customer Service Representatives with customer problems or concerns with the printing of their jobs.
- Verifies that all of the counts on the work order they are running ties to the expected counts.
- Frequently checks the quality of their output while the jobs are running on their assigned machines.
- Responsibility to meet all established quality standards and equipment efficiency standards of the machines assigned to them.
- Verifies that the bin makers and the micro numbers on all of the output they are responsible for are filled out correctly, also verifies that the image count and statement count are in sequence.
- Responsible for assuring that the trash, recycling, and fixes have been completed if assigned to them.
- Communicates all production problems to the Shift Lead.
- Assures that the Tech Services Machine Service Request Form is completely filled out correctly and accurately when their machine is down.
- Responsible for giving and receiving a verbal turn over from the operator you are relieving and the operator that’s arriving.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Fundamental to intermediate level of knowledge in digital printing and imaging.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective multi-tasking skills
- Effective computer skills with intermediate level knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess strong customer service philosophy and attitude
- Able to work effectively and independently
- Effectively works with all levels of employees
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, work at a fast pace, and produce accurate work.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Must effectively read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
- Must understand and have the capability of applying basic math skills.
- Effectively apply common sense or logic to everyday occurrences and follow through accordingly.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl while operating printers. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and focus adjustments. Keen eyes are needed to spot issues during quality check of output. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Usage of a hand truck, carts and pallet jacks to push and pull materials. Hands and arms are used for loading and unloading of printers, as well as feeling and reaching to clear printer jams.
To view other available job opportunities, check out our careers page at www.fssi-ca.com/company/careers.
See us in action here – https://www.fssi-ca.com/see-us-in-action
FSSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify participant.