Job Title: Mailing Expeditor Department: Mailing Location: Santa Ana, CA
If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume and employment application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 714-436-3302.
FSSI is currently looking for a Full-Time Mailing Expeditor on our 2nd Shift to join our team in Santa Ana, CA. The Mailing Expeditor is responsible for expediting large-scale bulk mailing production including job tracking, materials staging, and inventory logging. Requires the ability to safely lift and manipulate heavy objects and to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Quality Control Lead or Shift Lead to schedule all production runs and accept mailing work orders and check lists into the Mailing Department, based on specified criteria.
- Verify that all necessary information needed to start each job is on the checklist and correct.
- Stage materials for the mailing operators, including physically moving job trees requiring strenuous physical work such as heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling.
- Work with the Quality Control Lead or Shift Lead to ensure all necessary materials to complete the job have been ordered and received. Return all unused materials back to leftovers.
- Check the quality of production frequently while jobs are running. Sign off on sample of each job to ensure all information is correct and all quality control measures have been taken.
- Sign off all of an operator’s paperwork, verifying that figures match those of the other departments.
- Maintain work order status codes on OPS and report any discrepancies to the assigned Client Service Rep.
- Assist Client Service Reps in promptly resolving customer questions or problems regarding stock or inserts.
- Receive and give a verbal turn over from and to each shift expeditor.
- Assist the mailing department with additional work, as needed and/or requested, including catching, sorting, machine operations, maintaining spec sheets, etc.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to detail.
- Well organized with effectively strong time-management skills.
- Proven track record of ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in a fast paced production or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must effectively communicate in English.
- Must effectively read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
- Must understand and have capability of applying basic math skills.
- Effectively apply common sense or logic to everyday occurrences and follow through accordingly.
- High School Diploma or GED a must.
While performing the duties of this job, the Mailing Expeditor is regularly required to stand, talk, hear, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, etc. the Mailing Expeditor must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to focus.
To view other available job opportunities, check out our careers page at www.fssi-ca.com/company/careers.
FSSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify participant.