Job Title: Mail Handler – Driver Department: Mailing Location: Santa Ana, CA
If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume and job application to: email@example.com or fax to 714-436-3302.
FSSI is currently looking for a Full-Time Mail Handler – Driver to join our team in Santa Ana, CA. The Mail Handler – Driver is responsible for organizing thousands of pieces of mail from our production facility to their next stop (USPS, PBPS, etc.). This includes staging mail items for pickup or prepping mail items for loading onto delivery truck. This position will also be responsible for driving company vehicles for the purpose of pick-ups and deliveries to designated locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare daily production volume for USPS, Pitney Bowes Pre-Sort Services (PBPS) and Direct Mailing for deliveries.
- Sort and prepare production volume for PBPS daily pickups.
- Verify all shipping and will-call documentation.
- Unload mailing materials delivery trucks.
- Retrieve and prepare Custom Insert’s first class mail for delivery to Post Office.
- Perform general warehouse functions as needed.
- Prepare daily vehicle inspection and usage reports.
- Fulfill USPS mailing materials required to prevent production interruptions.
- Maintain a clean and organized mailing department.
- Understand and follow company policies and safety regulations
- Report unsafe facility and vehicle issues to appropriate personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned dependent on the changing needs of the organization.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience handling and sorting outgoing mail very strongly preferred.
- Experience in a fast paced production or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience driving a 26ft box truck with air brakes or similar a must.
- Experience driving a Forklift a must. Forklift certification preferred.
- Must have a current Class C Driver’s License.
- 1+ years driving experience without violations or safety concern incidents.
- Must effectively communicate in English with all levels of the company as well as external clients and partners.
- Must possess a strong customer service philosophy and outlook.
- Well organized with effective strong time-management skills.
- Proven track record of working effectively and independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well organized with effectively strong time-management skills.
- Must understand and have capability of applying basic math skills.
- Must effectively read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
- Effectively apply common sense or logic to everyday occurrences and follow through accordingly.
- High School Diploma or GED a must.
While performing the duties of this job, the Mail Handler – Driver is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To view other available job opportunities, check out our careers page at www.fssi-ca.com/company/careers.
FSSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify participant.