Job Title: Junior Production Designer Department: Marketing
Document design and color-management oriented junior-level graphic artist with the ability to produce work in a fast-paced environment. The junior graphic designer will work under the direct supervision of the senior designer and Marketing Manager. The designer will create and edit designs and redesigns for client financial statements and letters, marketing collateral, sales support materials, and more for both print and electronic delivery. The graphic designer will also assist in color management duties, successfully identifying the best color output across digital inkjet devices and paper.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Design, redesign and create client documents such as statements, bills, invoices and letters for clients in Adobe software – primarily InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro.
- Help design, create and maintain financial industry-based samples for the sample library for Sales and Marketing, as directed.
- Support Digital Print Services department by helping to maintain production eForms, including managing version control, file naming conventions, and file routing in accordance with FSSI production standards.
- Assist the senior designer with color management duties across digital inkjet devices and paper.
- Confer with and advise Client Services, Sales and clients on design, inkjet best practices and color management.
- Assist with creating samples and inkjet optimized design concepts for clients and Marketing.
- Provide inkjet design, color management, and graphics solutions/assistance to peers and clients as needed.
- Create and design statement and letter templates in MS Word.
- Provide estimates, record daily tasks and hours, and provide task updates in internal project management system.
- Work with the IT Project Coordination team to understand project deliverables and timelines.
- Assist the Marketing team with internal projects such as marketing collateral design and events.
- Follow FSSI policies and procedures as noted in the FSSI handbook and security policies.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Adobe design programs including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge in color management including color theory, color spaces, color conversion, and device dependency. ie; sRGB, RGB, PMS, CMYK, LAB, etc.
- Marketing-minded with understanding of brand and design systems, composition, and color, with a keen eye for typography, photography, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to be consistently responsive, effectively prioritize and execute tasks, and handle a range of projects simultaneously within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and implement creative direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to adapt and pick up new techniques and technology.
- Ability to work on Mac and PC platforms.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp or type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor’s in graphic arts, design, marketing or other relevant degree.
- 1-3 year’s experience in a graphic design role
- Experience with clients in the Financial Services Industry a plus but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.