Job Title: Document Design and Color Specialist Department: Marketing Services
Document design and color-management oriented graphic artist with the ability to produce work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will create designs and redesigns for client financial statements and letters, marketing collateral, and sales support materials from concept to completion in accordance with customer requirements. Designer will also perform all color management duties, successfully identifying the best color output across digital inkjet devices and paper.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, redesign and create client documents such as statements, bills, invoices and letters for clients in Adobe software – primarily InDesign.
- Design, create and maintain financial industry-based samples for the sample library for Sales and Marketing, as directed.
- Support Digital Print Services department by maintaining all production eForms, including managing version control, file naming conventions, and file routing in accordance with FSSI production standards.
- Perform all color management duties across digital inkjet devices and paper.
- Tests and provides feedback on inkjet papers.
- Confers with and advises Client Services, Sales and clients on design, inkjet best practices and color management; Creates design concepts and makes recommendations to clients.
- Creates samples and inkjet optimized design concepts for clients and Marketing.
- Provides inkjet design, color management, and graphics solutions/assistance to peers and clients as needed.
- Develops and improves FSSI color management processes.
- Creates and develops forms in Elixir, Word, Exstream Dialogue; Creates HTML templates.
- Create and design statement and letter templates in MS Word.
- Provide estimates, record daily tasks and hours, and provide task updates in internal project management system.
- Work with the IT Project Coordination team to understand project deliverables and timelines.
- Assist the Marketing team with internal projects such as marketing collateral design and events.
- Follow FSSI policies and procedures as noted in the FSSI handbook and security policies
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe design programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Adobe Acrobat Pro and Dreamweaver.
- Beginner to intermediate HTML knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge in color management including color theory, color spaces, color conversion, and device dependency. ie; sRGB, RGB, PMS, CMYK, LAB, etc.
- Knowledge of production inkjet systems, inkjet technology and how to design for inkjet.
- Marketing-minded with understanding of brand and design systems, composition, and color, with a keen eye for typography, photography, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and implement creative direction.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and handle a range of projects simultaneously within a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to adapt and pick up new techniques and technology.
- Ability to work on Mac and PC platforms.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp or type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5pm.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s in graphic arts, design, marketing or other relevant degree.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience with clients in the Financial Services Industry a plus but not required.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.