Job Title: Development Manager Department: Development
The Development Manager’s role includes leading the development team in designing and creating tools, programs and solutions that inform the recipient and delight our clients. This also includes ensuring that industry best practices are utilized, the tools employed by the development team are up to date and appropriate for the applications created. As Manager, this position is also a coaching position that strives to bring the team together to work on projects, agree upon standards and works to create a collaborative environment with the other departments within FSSI as well as our client/partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Lead the development staff to ensure projects are implemented in accordance with established policies
- Propose development strategy and vision and create implementation roadmaps to improve methodologies through industry research, requirements gathering, and technical design.
- Provide performance reviews in a timely manner for the development employees.
- Set agreed to individual and departmental goals for the development department
- Ensure adherence to data security, source code backups, disaster recovery, privacy, Client UI sites and other systems as deemed appropriate.
- Ensure support is provided for urgent production/development needs after hours
- Propose annual department budget and capital expenditures plans. Review monthly expenses with Senior Management.
- Oversees development software licensing and hardware purchases. This includes ensuring that software is up to date and compliant.
- Consult with department managers/supervisors on technology and/or development issues and projects. Ensure the proper administration of user access to systems and storage as required.
- Communicate regularly with Senior Management on the status of ongoing projects including team member assignments.
- Present SLA reports regarding KPI’s for Development team. (On time development, late projects, response time for estimates, resource utilization, etc., etc.,)
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Must have a proven track record of leading technology driven teams in fast paced development environments. Must be familiar with development methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, OO, etc., etc.,) as well as metrics to manage Speed, Quality and Economics. Must possess reasonable presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in meetings, on the phone, and responding to emails to management, users, clients and security auditors. Will be organized, analytical, and able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design and implementation of reusable codes for client and server side software using the .net framework (C#).
- Familiarity with and embraces a structured environment without compromising creativity.
- Experience on working with MS SQL.
- Able to work within a tight time frame and manage multiple assigned projects in a team-based environment with software methodologies and principles.
- Must be able to think laterally and systematically in order to resolve complex technical problems.
- Ensure that all source codes, design and class diagrams are backed up appropriately.
- Interact effectively with other team members.
- Excellent computer skills required
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Detail oriented
- Flexibility of schedule
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Desire for continuing education
- Bi-lingual a plus, not required
Supervises Development Department
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
[Indicate education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. See examples below.]
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience in related field
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.