Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator Department: Accounting
Responsible for generalist human resources functions including, but not limited to, coordinating recruitment for open positions, onboarding of new employees, assisting with administration of compensation and benefit plans as well as acting as a liaison between employees and insurance providers to ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations, provides administrative HR department support in terms of recordkeeping, and assists in leaves of absence administration. This position also backs up the payroll function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate recruiting in terms of job posting, applicant tracking, and appointment setting.
- Assess, vet, and interview candidates for available positions and make referrals of well-qualified and skillful applicants to the respective department managers.
- Process employment verifications, disability forms, and other third party documentation.
- Process Santa Ana Enterprise Zone Applications.
- Coordinate and track background and drug screening for all qualified candidates.
- Create and present offer letters to candidates.
- Coordinate new hire orientation according to the new hire checklist.
- Organize and maintain an online directory of all job descriptions on the intranet.
- Staffing for Part Time Pool employees.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for recruitment.
- Organize and maintain employee files.
- Submit new hire and termination notifications to Managers and Network Operations.
- Coordinate benefit, 401k, and health insurance orientations.
- Organize annual FSA and benefits open enrollments.
- Coordinate annual distribution and acknowledgement of Employee Handbook updates to all employees.
- Update and submit HR dashboard on a monthly basis to record keeper.
- Communicate with employees and management both in response to payroll questions or to make known changes in payroll.
- Maintain office key log.
- Monitor inventory of new hire and benefit packets.
- Monitor adequate inventory of first aid containers.
- Stay current with HR trends, state and federal laws.
- Work with HR Administrator and CFO on policy recommendations and maintaining Company policies, practice, and procedures.
- Create, review for accuracy and submit to CFO the following reports on a quarterly basis:
- Quarterly badge report review
- Quarterly performance reviews report
- Management reports as requested
- Address employee requests.
- Maintain Notary Public designation.
- Assist in roll out of HR training initiative.
- Maintain Emergency Action Plan.
- Review Health and Welfare 5500 and submit to HR Administrator for review and coordination of annual audit
- Update and maintain HR processes.
- Update and maintain an online OSHA log.
- Organize and maintain employee files.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Review and submit employee information (i.e. review dates, insurance, company property, etc.) into Paylocity.
- Replace lost badges.
- Notify carriers and third party administrator of enrollments and terminations.
- Process bi-weekly payroll as well as monthly commission payroll to include auditing timesheets, inputting and approving payroll changes to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate company meetings, parties, and other events as directed by senior management.
- Performs general office duties such as faxing, copying, filing, data entry, maintaining adequate level of office supplies and forms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Fundamental to intermediate level of knowledge in human resources and some payroll, excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, excellent interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, PC literate, intermediate level knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, must possess strong customer service philosophy and attitude, ability to work effectively and independently, ability to work with all levels of employees, strong attention to detail, good math skills, flexibility, ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Paylocity WebPay and WebTime is a plus.
Ability to apply common sense or logic to everyday occurrences and follow through accordingly. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to speak fluent Spanish is a plus, not a requirement. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver’s license, Bachelor’s Degree or certification in Human Resources preferred, but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.