Job Title: Client Services Representative – Direct Mail & Marketing Services Department: Marketing Services
High-energy Client Services Representative with knowledge in direct response marketing for both print and digital channels. The successful candidate will collaborate with clients and FSSI Marketing Services on the creation, production, and execution of direct mail campaigns that meet or exceed Client’s expectations. The Client Services Representative is the key contact between Clients, IT/Development and Production Departments who communicate in coordination with the project timeline, design, change management, and success of direct mail and integrated marketing campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Manage the day-to-day needs of assigned client accounts, including communication with clients, overseeing production jobs, conversions, reporting and all other tasks.
- Work with clients to prepare all requirements necessary to produce clients’ work including creativity, adherence with postal requirements, materials, print, finishing, and response measurements.
- Maintain all job specifications in internal work order system. Prepare all paperwork and processes necessary to produce clients’ work on time and accurately.
- Ensure that all work is processed to meet required timelines.
- Complete and maintain reports and other customer-related documents with assistance from Sales or Management.
- Complete price sheets and quotes for clients and ensure that current price sheets are in place for all work. Monitor client inventory and postage levels.
- Gain an understanding of clients’ business needs and generate new ideas to improve client performance.
- Understand clients’ quality expectations and ensure overall quality control on all projects through the creative and production processes.
- Ensure clients’ benefit from the best rates and most efficient mailing processes by applying knowledge of postal and address management and working with internal departments as resources.
- Apply knowledge of print technology and finishing equipment to generate innovative and creative direct mail applications that add value to a client’s campaign.
- Develop processes and procedures for new and current jobs with attention to detail and quality. Train production employees on specific jobs.
- Assist Sales and Marketing in pre-sales activity such as proof of concepts, samples, and price quotes.
- Ensure that all compliance and privacy regulations, as well as company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Host visiting clients.
- Knowledge of direct response marketing and the execution of direct mail campaigns.
- Understanding of how print and digital marketing strategies work together to create more successful campaigns.
- Enthusiastic and committed attitude; flexible problem-solver.
- Understanding of direct mail print production and postal requirements.
- Understanding of data processing instructions: suppressions, merge purge, record layouts, variable fields, etc.
- Ability to learn and optimize the company’s print and finishing capabilities and clearly articulate knowledge to internal and external stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and handle a range of projects simultaneously within a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, good math skills, and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must possess strong customer service philosophy and attitude; ability to work effectively and independently with all levels of employees.
- Ability to maintain professional communications both verbally and in writing, including emails, letters, proposals, and campaigns.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in business, marketing, or communications and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a client-facing role for a marketing agency; a company in the direct mail or print industries; or comparable role with transferable skills.
- Experience with clients in the Financial Services Industry a plus but not required.