Job Title: Accounting Coordinator Department: Accounting Location: Santa Ana, CA
If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume and job application to: email@example.com or fax to 714-436-3302.
Provides support to the accounting team by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Reconcile American Express and FedEx invoices/charges each month
- Scan incoming checks using remote deposit
- Update Solomon with incoming checks and apply to client accounts
- Reconcile client billing reports
- Research and answer basic accounting inquiries
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Retrieve, stamp and distribute mail to accounting and HR/PR teams
- Process voucher packages for select vendors
- Update and maintain Purchase Order Stock spreadsheet
- Prepare invoices of select clients
- Scan, log, distribute and file Purchase Orders
- Update and maintain various spreadsheets (programming, over ring log, etc.) for dept.
- Compare prior and current month’s invoice lists at month end
- Reconcile postage between Solomon and QSO
- Maintain filing for accounting team
- Provide support to accounting staff as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by Accounting team
Other tasks as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, PC literate, intermediate level knowledge of Word and Excel, must possess strong customer service philosophy and attitude, ability to work effectively and independently, ability to work with all levels of employees, strong attention to detail skills, good math skills, flexibility, ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
AA Degree – emphasis in Accounting or equivalent years of experience required.
Ability to speak and write English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.